Tuesday, July 30, 2013

COMING BACK

It has been a while since I blogged about this amazing life I live in the jungle.  Lots of friends have requested that I blog again as I am very slack at keeping everyone up to date with what is going on in our lives.  So I'm back and I promise to try to post on a regular basis.

So much has happened in the last 12 months (yep that's how long since my last post).  We have travelled a lot, Australia, New Zealand, Italy and a few places in between.  We have settled into home schooling ( hard, but fun), become accustomed to orangutans in the back yard, monkeys on the roof and snakes in the oddest places.  Have we adapted to live in this jungle paradise?  Not too sure I will ever truly adapt (too much of the city girl in me), but we are growing to love it here.

Life here presents me with challenges I never dreamt I would face.  Language barriers and loneliness rare their ugly heads way too often, but I keep on smiling (the only thing you can do when trying to communicate in two different languages).  I have learnt to cook with ingredients I can't even pronounce the name of and work with an oven that was made in 1975 and has a mind of its own.  Princess Pants has made some great friends and I have met some of the most interesting and amazing people.

I will fill in all the details of life in the rest of my blogs, but for now I must go do battle with my oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment