Wednesday, August 7, 2013

NOTHING BROKEN


I’m feeling a little sorry for myself today.   Fishing trips are one of the ways we spend our afternoons here in Sangata.  When hubby suggested a trip out on the boat with a couple of friends I was definitely keen.  We loaded up the boat with the fishing gear and off we headed.  It was pretty rough going out and we hit wave after wave.  By the time we got to the “honey pot” (a fishing spot) I was pretty soaked with sea water and questioning if it was worth staying out at sea.  After 2 hours and not one bite we decided to head in.  We pulled in the rods and turned to shore, we were five minutes into the trip back and wham the boat smacked down on a wave.  I wasn’t quite ready for the impact and found my ribs making contact with the side of the boat.  I sucked in a few deep breaths and composed myself.  Damn, it hurt but I sucked it up and didn’t complain too much.  Once back on dry land I thought I better check out my ribs.  I’m no doctor but I was pretty sure nothing was broken; I was rather impressed by the bruise that had started developing though.  The moral of this story is while on the boat I should keep my arse firmly planted on a seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment